Description and Mechanism
Combination of 400 mg Sofosbuvir and 90 mg Ledipasvir, Ledihep is a path-breaking medicine used in the treatment of Hepatitis C Genotype 1. It is a prescription drug and its ingredients Ledipasvir is known as a viral NS5A inhibitor and Sofosbuvir is known as a nucleotide inhibitor of the viral RNA polymerase. It prevents the Hepatitis virus from spreading in to the body and cures the infection totally on following the regimen. It provides an effective cure against HCV with 94-99% cure rate.
- Fewer contraindications and side-effects
- 94-99% cure rate
- Available easily
- Weakens the replication of virus in the body
Color and Composition
Each film coated tablet of Ledihep comprises 400 mg Sofosbuvir and 90 mg Ledipasvir. It is green colored oval shaped tablet.
Dosage and Administrations
- Ledifos must be taken only when prescribed by the doctor for any specific condition
- It is taken once every day for a given period of time with a full glass of water
- It is not prescribed for the people below 18 years
- Length of the treatment may fluctuate between 8 weeks to 12 weeks depending on the severity of HCV
- Do not take other anti-viral medications unless prescribed by the doctor
Ledihep may cause a few side-effects as listed below:
Common Side Effects / Signs –
diarrhea, headache, nausea, lower back pain, loss of appetite, side pain, insomnia and/or fever.
Serious Side Effects / Symptoms –
Use of Ledihep should be discontinues if patient experiences any signs of hives, rashes, pale skin, mood changes, excessive fatigue, edema (swelling), irregular heartbeat, breathing difficulty, behavior changes, swallowing difficulty, breathlessness, and/or signs of any infection.
Contraindications and Warnings
Ledihep is not suitable to take in every situation. Some of such situations are:
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Ledihep may cause severe birth defects so it is not prescribed during pregnancy and lactation.
- Unprotected Sex: Precautions should be taken while making sexual contact as this may lead to birth defects.
- Antacids: Do not take ledihep if you have taken antacids 4 hour ago.
- Sofosbuvir and Ledapasvir: Do not take any other medication containing these two salts
|Active Ingredient(s)||Sofosbuvir and Ledipasvir|
|Strength||400 mg + 90 mg|
|Package Size||28 Tabs|
|Package Type||Plastic Bottle|
|Expiry||1 Year to 2 Years|
|Indication(s)||Hepatitic C Virus (HCV) Infection|