Description and Mechanism
Combination of 400 mg Sofosbuvir and 100 mg Velpatasvir, Resof Total is a prescription medication used for curing Hepatitis C Virus. It is prescribed only in combination with ledipasvir, ribavirin, or daclatasvir.
Resof Total Price in India Buy Online from Suppliers & Exporters
Its ingredient Sofosbuvir is an anti-viral agent and is recognized as nucleotide analog inhibitor of HCV NS5B polymerase and Velpatasvir is known as an NS5A inhibitor. The combination of these two anti-viral ingredients is used for treating all the six major types of HCV. Resof Total works by removing the virus from the blood over a period of time.
Each tablet comprises 400 mg Sofosbuvir and 100 mgVelpatasvir.
Dosage and Administration
- It should be swallowed once in a day with a glass of water
- More than recommended dosage should not be consumed
- It should be taken only when prescribed by the doctor
Some of the side effects of Resof Total are:
- tired feeling;
- sleep problems (insomnia)
- nausea, diarrhea; or
Contact your doctor if you feel:
- weak or shallow breathing; or
- slow heartbeats;
- weakness, rapid heart rate, low red blood cells-pale skin, trouble concentrating.
Patients before starting taking Resof Total should tell their doctor if they are taking any over the counter health supplement, medication, etc. They should take medication strictly as told by the doctor. Some essential counselling points are bullet below:
- Tell your doctor if you are taking amiodarone
- Extreme care needed to be taken for preventing pregnancy as it may cause severe birth defects
- Precautions must be taken while making sexual contact, contact with blood or sharing needles
|Manufacturer||Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Limited|
|Active Ingredient(s)||Sofosbuvir and Velpatasvir|
|Strength||400 mg + 100 mg|
|Package Size||28 Tablets|
|Package Type||Plastic Bottels|
|Expiry||1 Year to 2 Years|
|Indication(S)||Hepatitic C Virus (HCV) Infection|