Description and Mechanism
Sovihep is a prescription drug taken into use for the treatment for Hepatitis C, HIV and Liver Cancer. It is taken into use in combination with peginterferon, ribavirin, daclatasvir or other anti-viral medications for treating the viral infection of liver, Hepatitis C. It contains Sofosbuvir as its active ingredient and is known for treating chronic HCV. It works by interfering with the lifecycle of virus and prevents its replication in the body.
- Easy availability
- Inhibits the replication of HCV
- Treats the chronic hepatitis c
Each film coated Sovihep tablet contains 400 mg Sofosbuvir.
Dosage and Administration
- This medication should be taken only when prescribed by the doctor and for the given conditions
- It is usually taken every 24 hours with a glass of water with or without food
- Treatment with this medication may lie between 8 to 24 weeks as per the severity of infection
- It is taken with other anti-viral medications such aspeginterferon, daclatasvir and ribavirin
A few side-effects may be suffered by the patients on Sovihep. Below we are sharing some of the side-effects, it not a comprehensive list of possible side-effects. These are not occurred but may occur sometimes.
- Pale skin
- Lower back or side pain
Patients before starting taking Sovihep should tell their doctor if they are taking any over the counter health supplement, medication, etc. They should take medication strictly as told by the doctor. Some essential counselling points are bullet below:
- Tell your doctor if you are taking amiodarone
- Extreme care needed to be taken for preventing pregnancy as it may cause severe birth defects
- Precautions must be taken while making sexual contact, contact with blood or sharing needles
|Package Size||28 Tabs|
|Package Type||Plastic Bottle|
|Expiry||1 Year to 2 Years|
|Indication(s)||Hepatitic C Virus (HCV) Infection|