Description and Mechanism
Velpanat is a combination ofVelpatasvir 100Mg and Sofosbuvir 400Mg used in the treatment of Hepatitis C Genotype 1 to 6. This is a prescription drug and belongs to the class of antiviral medications known as replication complex inhibitors and NS5B polymerase inhibitors. It contains polymerase inhibitors that plays a key role in the cure and treatment of HCV if taken for a period of 12 weeks. It may be prescribed alone or with other anti-viral medications like ribavirin. The drug stops the growth of HCV in the body and hence preventing the infection from spreading.
- Cure for all the Genotypes of HCV
- Higher cure rate
- Inhibits the growth of virus in the body
- Low prices in comparison to other Hepatitis medicines
Each film coated tablet of Veplanat containsVelpatasvir 100Mg and Sofosbuvir 400Mg.
Dosage and Administration
- Veplanat should be taken only when prescribed by the doctor and as prescribed by the doctor
- More than recommended dosages should not be taken
- Treatment with Veplanat may vary between 12-24 weeks as per the condition of the patient
- It is usually taken once in a day with a glass of water
- It may be prescribed alone or with other anti-viral drugs
- Common side-effects of Veplanat are: headache, tired feeling, nausea, diarrhea, orsleep problems (insomnia).
- Call your doctor immediately if:slow heartbeats, weak/ low red blood/ shallow breathing/ cells-pale skin/ rapid heart rate/ weakness/trouble concentrating.
Do not take Velnapat if:
- You are breastfeeding, pregnant, or willing to conceive
- You are allergic to its components or Sofobuvir
- You have/had suffered with any liver/kidney disease
- You are taking medications containing same ingredients
|Active Ingredient(s)||Velpatasvir 100Mg and Sofosbuvir 400Mg|
|Strength||400 mg + 100 mg|
|Package Size||28 Tabs|
|Package Type||Plastic Bottle|
|Expiry||1 Year to 2 Years|
|Indication(s)||Hepatitic C Virus (HCV) Infection|